Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading excel data to my existing dashboard

Hi All,

I am trying to load excel data to my existing dashboard which has data from mysql. Now, I want to combine the fields from Excel and some fields from Mysql and create few charts/tables, etc.

I have successfully loaded the excel data into my dashboard. I can view the fields and can create list boxes. But, the excel table is not linked to the Mysql tables as primary key is not set. I have checked in table viewer the excel table stands alone. How can I create the link between the excel and mysql tables?

Please share your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,

Muru

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

For example I'm having two tables say table1 and table2

Table1: (Suppose this table you are loading as Excel sheet)

Name

Marks

Table 2: (This table from some other source )

Students

Grade

In above example suppose Name (Table1) and Students(Table2) is having same values say A,B,C,D etc .

So for making link between to tables you can rename either Name as Students or the other way.

This will automatically create link between these two tables and you will get relevant data.

Thanks,
AS

View solution in original post

6 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Murugesh,

For creating link between these two table source you should have a common key , otherwise no use of calling these tables.

Thanks,

AS

Not applicable
Author

Yes Amit, you are right. I would like to know how I can create the common key between these sources. Please advice.

Thanks,

Muru

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

For example I'm having two tables say table1 and table2

Table1: (Suppose this table you are loading as Excel sheet)

Name

Marks

Table 2: (This table from some other source )

Students

Grade

In above example suppose Name (Table1) and Students(Table2) is having same values say A,B,C,D etc .

So for making link between to tables you can rename either Name as Students or the other way.

This will automatically create link between these two tables and you will get relevant data.

Thanks,
AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Also please go through these links, will help u how you can create joins between 2 or more tables:

QlikView Joins

Some Qlikview Joins best documents

Thanks,
AS

Not applicable
Author

It works now. Thank you so much, Amit!

Can you share me your email id? I just want to be in touch with you.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Muru

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

My pleasure

No problem I will send u friend request.

Thanks,
AS