Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Location Services on QlikView?

Hi,

I'm trying to develop an app and want to use something like the Location Services. My idea is to show in a map the nearest customers you have from you, according to your current location.

Is it possible? How?

Thanks,

Jorge

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I've added the button that allows to get the current Lat and Long and it works fine. However, I'd like to trigger the action on open but I have no idea how to do that :-(. I tried activate objet with the object ID but it doesnt do anything...

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

I've added a document extension to Qlik Branch that detects location when the app is loaded:

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?234-Geo-Location-Document-Extension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the document extension.

I have used the extension available in the GPS Store Finder app and have built the chart and a dashboard around this. But only now i am facing an issue that this goes to be of no use to the user when they are viewing the chart on a Tablet or mobile device (ipad/Nexus). The reason being that the pop-up labels do not appear on the the scatter chart on touch enabled devices. I understand that this is expressed as a limitation in QV itself on touch enabled devices.

I have been digging around and trying to find an alternate solution to overcome this problem. But i haven't got anywhere till now.

I am just reaching out to you in hope that, if you encountered such issue and if you could provide me some help on how best can i handle this now to provide the user an alternate solutions to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Aadil

PS: Jorge, Apologies to post a diff question on your post.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

I downloaded the extension and installed the QAR file. I created two variables vLat and vLong. When I open the app in qlikview desktop application. location value doesn't get automatically fetched in the variables.

How does this work