Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

Lock / Unlock fields not working in Webview

I have a report that I created a "subtab" within a tab.  It has a condition to switch to another sheet when you click on a link.  On the second "tab", I have sheet properties to lock certain fields and then unlock and clear the fields when I leave the sheet.  It works just fine until I use Webview and then the behavior seems to change and the fields stay locked.

On the "second" tab...I have triggers setup for OnActivate Sheet to select 3 fields and then lock those 3 fields. OnLeave Sheet, I have Unlock All and Clear All. 

On the "first" tab...I have triggers setup for OnActivate Sheet to Unlock All and Clear All.

Any suggestions as to what I can do differently?

19 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I think that in WebView the OnActivate sheet event triggers when you actually click a sheet tab, but not when you activate that sheet by another Action.

If you are switching sheets by clicking a button or text object with actions, you should be able to include the lock and unlock actions in the button.

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried that too, but that doesn't seem to work either.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

It works in the Test attachment:

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That's not quite what I am trying to do.  In your example, I am trying to lock the field, Test, to a value of 1 in Sheet1, but unlock and clear Test in Main.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Then just change the Action that I have on the Go to Main button.

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I can get it to work in your test.qvw, but I cannot get it to work in mine.  Maybe it has something to do with the way I have the Text object setup.  I have a variable I set to go back and forth from the sheet.Capture1.JPG

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Are you referring to the value of the variable in any later actions? That definitely will not work.

Without actually seeing your qvw, I doubt that I can offer any other suggestions.

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, in the other sheet I reference it.  I unfortunately cannot provide a copy of the QVW as it is rather large and contains proprietary data.Capture1.JPG

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Referencing in the other sheet shouldn't be an issue. Referencing it later in the series of actions on the same button won't work.