Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

Lock / Unlock fields not working in Webview

I have a report that I created a "subtab" within a tab.  It has a condition to switch to another sheet when you click on a link.  On the second "tab", I have sheet properties to lock certain fields and then unlock and clear the fields when I leave the sheet.  It works just fine until I use Webview and then the behavior seems to change and the fields stay locked.

On the "second" tab...I have triggers setup for OnActivate Sheet to select 3 fields and then lock those 3 fields. OnLeave Sheet, I have Unlock All and Clear All. 

On the "first" tab...I have triggers setup for OnActivate Sheet to Unlock All and Clear All.

Any suggestions as to what I can do differently?

19 Replies
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have two different text objects and two different sheets.  These are the two text objects and the Properties for the second text object.Capture1.JPG

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Here is the best I can do at a Test application.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

See if this is what you are after:

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The fields do not lock when I go from the Business Dashboard - EM sheet back to the Business Dashboard sheet and the Employee Performance tab.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Added actions to the OnLeave event for the Business Dashboard - EM sheet.

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Is this the only way to accomplish this as I have 20 other sheets within the full application...

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I don't know of any other way.

If you have 20 other sheets, this method  probably won't work either. The logic only works because there is just a single sheet to go back to.

You may be able to put the select and lock logic in a macro.

Why not just show SH01 and SH02 as tabs instead of hiding them and using buttons. Then you could use the OnActivate and OnLeave actions for the sheets.

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The reason I hide them and use buttons is because I have 20 sheets and it's getting to be too much.  We are actually reducing the amount of sheets by utilizing the buttons and trying to keep it from getting cluttered.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Maybe you could use getactivesheetid(). If you assign a variable: vActiveSheet =GetActiveSheetID()

Then you could use the OnChange variable event trigger to do your Field selections and locking.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Did you ever look at my last post?