Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Lock tabs to stop RELOAD... different from Partial Reload!?

I have a large document that is currently being refreshed hourly with deltas of Financial Data from this financial year. The deltas are appended into a QVD for quicker reload.

The business wants to keep this Financial year's data in the next financial year in teh same QVD and what I am hoping to be able to do is:-

LOCK a TAB of Data down to not RELOAD (even the QVD) for timing reasons. I have read the Help and some posts on Partial Reload but this seems to be more around of the inidividual QlickView tables themselves. I also looked at Settings-> Sheet and Document Properties with no luck.

Is there anything available that I have missed, some cool tricks or workarounds anyone knows of, or is my only option to create it as a historical WVD that is static.... which also raises Licensing issues for DOC CALs.

THANKS!

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can surround the LOAD statements with IF clauses to control the load.

Either use flags/variables:

LET vLoadTable1='0';

LET vLoadTable2='1';

IF $(vLoadTable1)=1 THEN

LOAD

;

END IF

and so on.

Or you can play with the time functions:

IF time(now(), 'hh') = 10 THEN //this will load only between 10:00 - 10:59

LOAD

;

END IF

Best regards,

Dilyana

Dilyana Ivanova

Consultant

CapricornVentis

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Dilyana_CVL. I may not have made myself clear on what I am hoping to achieve. the IF statements you suggested will defeinitely do conditional LOAD but then on RELAOD, will also wipe out what data I already have there. I guess what I was saying was that I wanted the already loaded data to remain and not keep reloading for the historical and then be adding and loading the NEW data.

I got another tip for using BUFFER... which seems to half the load time and achieve sort of what I wanted.

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In this case, I would suggest to store the tables after load in a QVDs and add another option in the IF statement to load from the QVDs instead of from the source ... which is pretty much what BUFFER does, so you've probably achieved the minimum load time possible ...

Thanks,

Dilyana

Not applicable
Author

I am currently doing this and loading as optimised but witjh 4M+ rows refreshing every hour and more adding was hoping for some speed up on top. BUFFER seems to half the load time of the QVD files but I have yet to test the viability of a BUFFER LOAD with a concatenation which I think would contradict each other as the result set is changing.

Thanks though as I appreciate your ideas and this QVD one I found saved me initially with my loading and may help others.

CHeers