Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator

Log File not getting generated

We have migrated Qlik Server from version 11-> 12

Right now the Qlik desktop I am using is still Version 11.

For some files , I am unable to see the log when i trigger load directly from server , and the job fails as well.

For same files, when i refresh directly from my desktop , the refresh succeeds and also log file gets created

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Brett for looking into this , however I was able to resolve the issue by selecting the option ' Save Document(Users)' under the document properties Security tab

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please clarify your request, as I have no idea what you are asking for on this post...  The only thing I have is an article regarding what I think you are asking:

Document log changes in v12 track 

Oh, you should also not be running your v11 Desktop client any longer, you run the risk of corrupting your QVW files taking the versions back and forth, just FYI, have seen this happen if you open things back and forth enough times...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok so there are some files copied over from old QV 11 server (they were also developed in QV 11 desktop)

Now when I try to open and refresh then in QV 12 desktop , refresh happens successfully, also I am able to see log generated.

When I create a refresh job on QV 12 server for the same file , reload fails,no log is generated and I get something like this in the task log :

Error: File is not Ok. Target file was not saved

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Snippets do not really help, please attach the entire Task log if you want me to review things in further detail...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

Attached is the complete log.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks, that was a lot more helpful!  From what I can tell, it appears the existing log file may be corrupted or some other process may have a lock on it such that we cannot get to it, so I would recommend going to E:\qlikview_files\QVW\Sales-DM.qvw.log and delete that log file, suspect you may get an error when you try to do so, just FYI, and then rerun things and see if that does the trick.  If it does, I really cannot tell you what went wrong here unfortunately.  Be sure you do not have anti-virus scanning on that path etc., that can sometimes cause these issues.  Sorry I do not have anything better, but hopefully this may do the trick if the file is there and you can delete it.  If it does run correctly the next time, run it again just to be sure we can overwrite on the next run...

Regards,
Brett

swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Brett for looking into this , however I was able to resolve the issue by selecting the option ' Save Document(Users)' under the document properties Security tab