Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Losing line break on generating a pdf using a vbscript

Hi all!

I've created a qvw with a straight table and added some dimensions and an expression on it. As one off my dimensions, I have a field with some big texts and it already has some line breaks (I'm referring to CHAR(10) and CHAR(13)), this line breaks were added into the SQL Server database (data source). When I'm looking on the data at the report everything looks good, but when I run a vbscript that exports this Straight Table as a pdf file, the line breaks disappear and I don't know why this is happening. Someone have any idea?

Here is a example of the data on report:

Dimension 1Dimension 2Expression
Example 1

Some text;
Some text;

Some text;

Example 2

My text;

My text;

Example 3

Anything;

Anything;

Here is how it looks after exporting to a pdf file (using vbscript):

Dimension 1Dimension 2Expression
Example 1

Some text;Some text;Some text;

Example 2

My text;My text;

Example 3

Anything;Anything;

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Tiago

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I've tried two things: Copy to clipboard -> Image  and Copy to clipboard -> Full table

When I copied as a Image it worked fine, but when I copied as a Full table It lost the line break. In my report I need to export as a full table because It's too big. I don't know if exists any difference between word 2007 and word 2010.

Not applicable
Author

I've got it!

I used CHAR(11) instead of CHAR(10)+CHAR(13)

I think the problem was between the vbscript and word, it wasn't reckoning CHAR(10) + CHAR(13) as a line break, It does a line break with CHAR(11).

Thank you very much for your help and answering this question.

Best regards.