Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashis
Creator III
Creator III

Losing parent information in drilling

Hi ,

I want to drill from Job name to its parent job name , this is how my sample data looks like. Please find the attached .xls and QVW.

When i want to drill from job name to all its dependent job (Parent jobs) i loose the parent jobs's start and end time. Though it shows

all the dependent name .I have created one cyclic group using Jobname and Treename.

In my load script  i have created expanded table , ancestor table and expanded nodes table . I saw in one post from Henric.

My problem is i am not able to drill from job name to its parent job name. it does not show parent job's start time and end time.

Please let me know how to overcome this problem.

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure, but what exactly are you hoping to see when you are on TreeName?

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Sunny for your reply. I want to go from Job name to its dependent (here ancestor) job name and want to see  on jobs that are ancestor of selected job. In other word if I want to find enrichment job are depend on what all jobs . so if I click on the enrichment job it should show me these are the jobs that need to be completed . Enrichment job will not start after these jobs completed. I want to see all the ancestor jobs star time and end time.

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Treename is giving all the ancestor job name's , if I can pass this ancestor value as jobname then probably it will show me its timing.

if I create a list box where Jobname = ancestor value (from Tree name) and then click select all the values from listbox

I can show this data . Just work around came I think

However how do I create listbox using this tree name value , not sure.

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I am able to resolve the drilling , by modifying data .