Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Lotus Notes RTF fields

Hello,

I just wonder if someone already had to extract data from RTF fields from Lotus Notes.

I know about the Notes ODBC driver, and I saw/ read the related posts in this forum.

But I especially "fear" the Notes RTF fields, which are basically blobs.
Any idea/ suggestion on how to handle these?

Thanks for any advice,
Thilo

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello all,

I was a bit too fast, probably.

I searched the web and found that the Notes ODBC driver does NOT support RTF fields.

So I 'envisioned' an alternative solution, which I like to get comments on.

The solution I thought of is to export all Notes Docs from within Notes out to HTML or Word docs.
The filenames of the HTML/Word docs will encode the Notes Doc ID.

From QV I can then read 'all but the RTF fields' AND the Notes Doc ID.
I can filter/ analyze in QV based on the 'standard fields'.
Upon user request (-->button) I will retrieve the corresponding HTML/Word doc and display it in QV.
(This requires that the users navigate down to a single entry/ document before they press the button.)

Sounds good to me ... and to you?
I wonder if this will also work in an AJAX-client environment...
Thilo

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

NotesSQL will return the text from an RTF field, which I've found to be good enough for my QV apps. It will not return formatting and images from the field.

What I've done with notes apps is something similar to what you've proposed -- except that the button open the Notes document in the orginal Notes application using a Notes Url.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi I have created a Webservice, to connect to Lotus Notes. So you don't need any ODBC installation or additional programming.

If you are interested contact me. -> see www.peze.ch