Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro Advice

Hi guys,

I am writing a macro for the first time and having trouble with it, Please advice

Macro

Sub Test

set mytext = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("A").GetCell(0,0)

ActiveDocument.Variables("vTest").SetContent mytext.text, true

set myvar = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("B").GetCell(vTest,0)

ActiveDocument.Variables("Test").SetContent mytext2.text, true

End Sub

I am trying to pull a value from sheet object A , store it in a variable vTest and then pass it as a parameter for pulling a value from Sheet object B. The macro above is what i have so far. Please advise,

Can i use a set x = vTest statement of some sort and create a temp variable and use that to get the value from Object B.

Also,

I know what i am trying to maybe easier with a peek function, but i want to be able to keep it dynamic as i have a huge access database linked to my application. Please advice,

Thank you for your time and effort,

Best,

Nik

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, it's not right.  I'm thinking that you can add a line

on error resume next

In this case there will be no error message.  But also there will be no a desired result, as if the macro didn't run.

A better way to handle it is to produce a message for user.  But I'm not fluent enough in VBScript to tell how exactly to implement this.  Maybe it makes sense for you to start a new discussion with this exact question.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I Will have to think of a work around. Appreciate your time.

Best,

Nik