Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro Variable To Propoperly Read Field Selections

I am trying to assign multiple field values from a ListBox to a variable using a macro.

Consequently I used:

ActiveDocument.Evaluate("GetFieldSelections([Source Choice] , ',' 99)")

However when I lookup the relevant variable in the list of QlikView variables, there is nothing assigned (only '-' ).

The above function works for single selection fields though.

What needs to be changed in the syntax ?

Another issue with the above function is that when I deselect the field values, the relevant varaiable still contains the last selection.

Why does the GetFieldSelections function, not read a "null" field selection ?

Also instead of always declaring variables in QlikView then importing them into the macro editor, I tried:

Set SourcChoiceValue = SourceChoiceTemp = ActiveDocument.Evaluate("GetFieldSelections([Source Choice])")

I get an objectb type error though whether or not I include the leading 'Set' keyword.

What needs to be changed ?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why are you using a macro instead of a field OnSelect trigger to set the variable? It's much easier to add a Set Variable action with your variable as target and GetFieldSelections([Source Choice] , ',' 99) as value. The OnSelect trigger action will also clear you variable if you clear the selections.

Nulls cannot be selected in Qlikview, so getfieldselections can't ever contain a null.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why are you using a macro instead of a field OnSelect trigger to set the variable? It's much easier to add a Set Variable action with your variable as target and GetFieldSelections([Source Choice] , ',' 99) as value. The OnSelect trigger action will also clear you variable if you clear the selections.

Nulls cannot be selected in Qlikview, so getfieldselections can't ever contain a null.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand