Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro not working when reloading from command line

Hi all,

this is a very weird situation.

I have a simple script to export a csv file that is called  when OnPostReload event is fired.

Sub ExportToCSV

set sObject1 = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("ClientiUnivoci")

sObject1.Export "Output\ClientiUnivoci_Week_" & Year(Now()) & LPad(Month(Now()),"0",2 ) & LPad(Day(Now()),"0",2 ) & ".csv", ";", 65001

End Sub

When I launch reload inside qlikview the script works fine and the file is generated, when I lanch qlikview reload from a batch file using the following command:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "C:\Qlikview\Project\LastWeek.qvw"

the qlikview file is reload but the macro is not executed and the csv file is not generated.

I made the following attemps without success:

• "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r /NoSecurity "C:\Qlikview\Project\LastWeek.qvw"
  • Settings | Document Properties | Security -> All checked except Allow Print, Show All Sheets and Objects and Show Progress for Hidden Script
  • Settings | User preferences | Security -> All checked except Confirm Launch from Macro
  • Tools | Edit Module | Request Module Security -> System Access
  • Tools | Edit Module | Current Local Security -> Allow System Access
  • Run batch as Administrator

I don't really know what to do more.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Nicola

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes exactly, I double click on the .bat file with the goal of inserting it in a scheduled task.

I use the same approach since years too, but I never faced a case like this. I'm working on it since yesterday evening but I still haven't found a solution...

marcus_sommer

It sounds stupid now but try to change the trigger maybe to OnOpen, replace the routine with a simple msgbox or selection-action, create a complete new qvw with a small inline-table and a tablebox and use your export-routine again (something files get corrupted), further trial and error ...

Have you those app created himself or it's from another person maybe even downloaded from a server or mailed to you - sometimes windows creates flags for this which could prevent an remote-execution.

Not applicable
Author

Finally I resolved the issue!!!!! Qlikview doesn't care about a relative path if the reload is executed inside the application. If the reload is executed externally from a command line you need to insert the full path in the script:

WRONG SCRIPT:

Sub ExportPercentileSettimana

set sObject2 = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("Percentile")

sObject2.ExportBiff "Output\Percentile_Week_" & Year(Now()) & LPad(Month(Now()),"0",2 ) & LPad(Day(Now()),"0",2 ) & ".xls"        

End Sub

RIGHT SCRIPT:

Sub ExportPercentileSettimana

set sObject2 = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("Percentile")

sObject2.ExportBiff "C:\Users\sarnic\Documents\Progetti\Aperti\Project\Sviluppo\Report\Output\Percentile_Week_" & Year(Now()) & LPad(Month(Now()),"0",2 ) & LPad(Day(Now()),"0",2 ) & ".xls"        

End Sub

Hope this may help someone  else.

Thanks to everyone.

Nicola

marcus_sommer

Mostly it are the small things ...