Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Macro to concat to alternate state

Hello All.

I have an application in which I need to store values in an alternate state.

Currently, the application uses actions to accomplish this task.  The issue is that the users have to use two text boxes (with the actions) to accomplish the desired result.  This operation is done hundreds of times throughout the day.

The reason I have to use two text boxes is because QlikView does not execute and generate the results of the actions in the order they are listed.  My task is dependent on the actions being executed in sequennce.

I want to replace the list of actions with a macro so that I can control the order or operation.  I am stuck on getting the Concat function to work.

I have attached a sample application.  Of course, the production application is much more complicated.

In the application you select a Case and either use the 'using actions'  or 'using macro' text boxes to store Lots associated with the selected case into alternate state Final.

The 'using actions' text boxes work fine.  The issue I am having is with the macro SelectSubsequentLots in the 'Select Subsequent Cases (using macro)' text box.  Can't seem to get the Concat statement to work in the macro.

I am using QV11 SR2.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

John.

1 Reply
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Any ideas?