Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauravgg
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Make common dimension from two different data model ?

hi

I have two data models in one .qvw

1) one model will have detailed data (daywise data) call it as Model A

2)second will have summarised data ,call it as Model B

Both model have the same field names , so for one model i have renamed the linked id's and used qualify * to rename.

I have attached the image of the data model .

Now the model  do not  have same fields name ,

When i create two bar graph , one from model A and other from model B

So i have one graph (G1) which has of Model A

Dimension :- Category

Measure :- Count(OrderId)

Second graph (G2) of Model B

Dimension :-Categories.CategoryName

Measure :- Count (OrderId_x)

Now in these above graphs there is no common dimension, i.e Category  and Categories.CategoryName are two different field but have same data in it .

So here i want to make a common dimension category ,without linking Model A and Model B  , so when i click Category filter both graphs G1 and G2 should get filter based on selection .

Is it possible to do it on the visualisation part  by using any function or set analysis or using variables ?

I have also attached the qvw and images of data model and Graphs.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try using expression :

count({<Categories.CategoryName=p(CategoryName)>}OrderID_x)

for second chart.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think you are going down the wrong path for your data model design, and your expressions are going to get increasingly complex -- this may impact on performance and maintainability in the long run.

The user experience could be very confusing with multiple representations of the same dimensional values which may or may not filter the data, depending on which one the user selects and what they are trying to do.

Have a look at these articles, they may help you to design your model to avoid these problems:

Get started with developing qlik datamodels

Advanced topics for creating a qlik datamodel

More advanced topics of qlik datamodels

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
gauravgg
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Tresesco