Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Make one tab immune to a document macro or set a default filter on a tab

Hi,

I have a dashboard which has a document macro sets Year = Current Year when Current Selections are 0 or when Clear is selected.

I am adding a new tab to this document where I do not want this to apply. Is there a way to make one tab immune to this document macro so that current year is not set even when current selections are zero? The code for the macro is given below in Bold

If the above is not possible, then is it possible to have a default filter set on the tab when Clear is clicked (or all filters are removed).

I have a column called CountID. So setting CountID = No_Count (by setting this in sheet properties) when all filters are removed will prevent the occurrence of an empty Current Selections state and will not trigger the macro, thus solving my problem.  

'Set filter values when the Clear Button or All Filters are removed.

sub AfterClear()

if activedocument.evaluate("len(getcurrentselections())")=0 then

'Sets the Year to the Current Year

activedocument.fields("YearName").select  GetVariable("vCurrentYear")

' 'The Year_List is not attached to anything.  This will just be a placeholder so that you can remove the selected object above

' ' Without setting the "len(getcurrentselections())")=0

' activedocument.fields("Year_List").select  GetVariable("vCurrentYear")

end if

end sub

Thanks for your help on this.

Amitesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Got this resolved. One of my colleagues came up with the idea of adding the following to the code given below in Bold

if activedocument.evaluate("len(getcurrentselections())")=0 and activedocument.evaluate("getactivesheetid()") <> "Document\SHXX" then

where "SHXX" is the target Sheet ID

Hope this helps someone with this kind of issue in future.

P.S.: When doing some thing like you have to ensure that sheet properties are set properly

I had, on the Triggers tab

OnActivateSheet: Actions -> Clear All

OnLeaveSheet:  Actions -> Select in Field (Year=$(vCurrentYear)

as intended behavior for other sheets (tabs) is to be filtered on current Year by default.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Got this resolved. One of my colleagues came up with the idea of adding the following to the code given below in Bold

if activedocument.evaluate("len(getcurrentselections())")=0 and activedocument.evaluate("getactivesheetid()") <> "Document\SHXX" then

where "SHXX" is the target Sheet ID

Hope this helps someone with this kind of issue in future.

P.S.: When doing some thing like you have to ensure that sheet properties are set properly

I had, on the Triggers tab

OnActivateSheet: Actions -> Clear All

OnLeaveSheet:  Actions -> Select in Field (Year=$(vCurrentYear)

as intended behavior for other sheets (tabs) is to be filtered on current Year by default.