Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Making a listbox and a chartbox

Hi,

I'm trying to build a little app and I have a problem. Let me explain how it works first.

Only one table, TABLE, with the following interesting fields: NAME, NUMBER_1 and NUMBER_2.

There is one sheet with 4 objects:

- A listbox containing the NAME field values who can only have one value selected.

- An inputbox which allows the user to see and change the NUMBER_2 field value from the row containing the selected NAME field value.

- A jauge chart using in its calculation the fileds  NUMBER_1 and NUMBER_2.

- A bar chart with the NAME field as the dimension and the fields NUMBER_1 and NUMBER_2 to within a constant as the displayed measures.

I managed to synchronize all the interactions between the objects by using the scripting and triggering concepts. My concern is on the bar chart which depends on the selection in the listbox whereas I want all the values displayed all the time.

After looking for a solution, I came accross two concepts to solve my problem but it didn't fix it.

Set analysis concept:
For what I’ve have understood, I can’t use the set analysis concept because I don’t use any analytic function. The expression in the bar chart for the measurement is =”ROUND(NUMBER,0.01)*A” where A stands for a constant or a variable depending on the number fields and it seems that I can't put “{<NAME_FIELD=>}” with that function.

Alternative state concept:
What I did is this : {State A} for {listbox,inputbox,jauge} and {State B} for {Chart bar}.

The bar chart is still displaying one value but It also seems that the displayed value is linked to the inputbox. For example, if the listbox is on the value "A" and I change my focus on the value "B" in the bar chart then the listbox won't bulge and will be still on "A" while the inputbox will show the NUMBER_1 field value related to "B".

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I can’t use the set analysis concept because I don’t use any analytic function.

You always use an aggregation function. If you don't explicitly specify one then the Only() function is used. By explicitly using the Only() function you can add a record set selector: =”ROUND(Only({<NAME_FIELD=>}NUMBER),0.01)*A”

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I can’t use the set analysis concept because I don’t use any analytic function.

You always use an aggregation function. If you don't explicitly specify one then the Only() function is used. By explicitly using the Only() function you can add a record set selector: =”ROUND(Only({<NAME_FIELD=>}NUMBER),0.01)*A”

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, you're right. It is working.
Thank you very much.