Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
violinconcerto
Contributor
Contributor

Making a table cell clickable for drilldown of cell details?

violinconcerto_0-1619718910028.png

The pivot table above has a couple of dimensions and six expressions.  Each expression represents a summation of grains within a dimension or a subdimension.  A cell is where a particular instance of a (sub)dimension intersects with a particular expression.

I would like to show all the grains that went into the summation for the clicked cell.  The default behavior of clicking a cell is showing only the particular instance (row) of the dimension, and hiding the other rows.  A second click of the same cell reveals all rows.

Is this "clickable cell" notion feasible?  If not, what other approach(es) would you suggest?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

one way to do this is convert the bucket days into a dimension (im guessing rt now they are expressions, otherwise you are in rt track).  then when you click on a cell, both dimensions will be selected.  then you can get the selections in a trigger and do what you want.  if a dimension is collapsed then that dimension is not selected.  you will require a more complex expression to determine what dimensions are selected if there are more than 2 dimensions

violinconcerto
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@edwin.  I am having difficulty in determining what dimensions have been selected.  Yet, I do have more then 2 dimension, in fact, 4.

Do you have to have a sample app to determine the selection(s) made?

Sorry, I am kind of new to QlikView.

edwin
Master II
Master II

can you pls add a QVW even with made up numbers?