Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making a table from chart data

Is there a way that I can take all the data in a chart and then use it to quickly make a table in QlikView?  I have a line graph with one dimension and five expressions.  The dimension consists of five dates ranging from 1/1/2018 to 1/5/2018, and the five expressions represent five data columns with fluctuating data values.  Here is a screenshot of the chart:MultiLineChartExample.jpg

Now, I know that I can export the data into Excel, and that I can also copy the data from the chart to the Clipboard.  But when I attempt to copy data to the Clipboard, for some reason the data copied to the clipboard does not include the column headers.  This is not an issue when I create a table in QlikView.  If I create a table in QlikView, I can copy all the data from the table into QlikView with the column headers included by selecting the "Full Table" option under "Copy To Clipboard". 

What I'm asking is, can I select all the data in the chart above and use that data to make a table object in QlikView?  Or, is there a way I can export all the chart data to the Clipboard with the column headers included?  Any assistance anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could use Fast Change to make a table with the exact data of the graph

Capture.PNGt

Maybe that can solve your problem with the headers.

If not please share a QVW to see the problem better.

Regards,

Josefina