Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III

Making selections in one list box should clear other list box

Hi all,

I have an issue like this.

I have 2 list boxes with windows check boxes in a container. If i make selections in 1 it should not associate to other fields in another list box. Even though it shows the related ones in white . It should clear out on switching to other. Always want to show selections only in one list box and not associate to other. How can i do this . I tried using triggers,clear field and also alternate states which will not work in my case . Any suggestions?

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a Clear Field action to the OnSelect field trigger of the field in the first listbox. Choose the field in listbox 2 as the field name for the field that should be cleared. You can find the field triggers on the Triggers tab of the document properties window.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your reply ,but i already did that. when switching to other list box should clear all selections made in first.

That means on active object (listbox 2) clear out listbox 1  selections. this is what i exactly need .

Gysbert_Wassenaar

So do the same thing same thing with the field of listbox 2. Add a clear field action that clears the field of the 1st listbox.

venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Is there any thing that works on active object but not on field triggers.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not in QV11 or newer. The object triggers have been removed. There is no way to have something happen on activating an object.

venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks , this is the solution i am looking for .Is there any alternate way to do this because switching to other list box shows users grey fields and white fields .they need to see everything cleared on active and should see the whole fields in white .