Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louwriet
Creator
Creator

Marketshare in pivot for groups seperately calculating wrong

Hi ,

I have a senario at client where they want to see their marketshare for their products in these products groups. This would now be the marketshare against competitor products.

When i say groups it means my company manufacturer for instance. Group Garden Tools - my product here would be a spade.

second Group would be for instance Lawnmowers - my product would be here Flymo 230 for instance. So what i need is to calculate my products marketshare against competittor products in that group.

My problem comes in where i have the groups in one pivot and instead of calculating the marketshares for each group out of 100% it takes all products of both groups and calculate then the product marketshare out of 100%

At the end i would like to see my two products with their marketshares within their groups.

Attached is a demo model with what i get and with picture what i actually want to achieve.

Help would really be appreciated

Louw

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

here is my solution:

1. Expression formula: 

sum( VALUE)

/

sum( TOTAL <YEARMONTH,GROUP>  VALUE)

a) Expression  formula:

sum( {$<MANUFACTURER={'MANUFACT_MY'}>} VALUE)

/

sum(   TOTAL <YEARMONTH,GROUP>  VALUE)

b) Replace calculated Manufacturer dimension with a regular dimension for manufacturer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

here is my solution:

1. Expression formula: 

sum( VALUE)

/

sum( TOTAL <YEARMONTH,GROUP>  VALUE)

a) Expression  formula:

sum( {$<MANUFACTURER={'MANUFACT_MY'}>} VALUE)

/

sum(   TOTAL <YEARMONTH,GROUP>  VALUE)

b) Replace calculated Manufacturer dimension with a regular dimension for manufacturer

louwriet
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Your suggested solution worked perfectly for my senario.

Thank so much !

Louw