Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Master Calendar Not Filling in all Days

I haven't had much of a use for a master calendar in the past as I haven't had much for missing dates that we wanted to fill in. I decided to give it a shot and followed exactly what I found in a QlikView Developer booklet I received in training years ago. The problem is, it works, but it doesn't... my missing dates that don't have stats are not showing up. Spent the last day googling and testing things I found in the community to no avail... Could someone help me figure out the element I'm missing? I've attached a scrambled limited version of the report for an example.

15 Replies
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

tried in one of the expressions, table just turns to this...

I'm seeing why people choose to not use these Master Calendars as much, never had so many issues with something that seems like it should be working

Capture2.PNG

Uday_Pasupuleti
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try the last count expression on a straight table with one dimension and see whether it works or not.

It has nothing to do with master calendar. It's because there is no data. 

So we are trying to create missing dates and data.

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Capture.PNGNo data correct, but the point from what I've seen for all of these Master Calendar articles is to fill in dates that are missing so they appear in charts and tables build in QlikView. They can show as zeros, but at least you see these dates charted

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Uncheck "Suppress Zero-Values" in the Presentation pane of the object.

-Rob

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I checked those, they are already unchecked.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Well, I know you found the YouTube video, but I wanted to give you the Design Blog post on the Master Calendar as well, as I thought it might be of some further help potentially,  There are also lots of other posts, so feel free to backup a level on the URL and then search again for what you think you may need, there may be another post that will get you the missing piece there.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Master-Calendar/ba-p/1471527

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.