Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dena_reavis
Employee
Employee

Master Calendar and Calculated Element List in Set Analysis

Dear Experts,

I am trying to create a set analysis to calculate the previous month's total, so it can be compared with totals in the month, and calculate other things like change from previous month, etc. But I can't seem to get my calculation right. My master calendar has a field for the age of the month, where the current month is 0 and last month is 1, so on. I am trying to get the month age to increment in the element list, but I do not have this right.

The attached file has some sample data and my calendar. this is what I have:

have.png

I am trying to show

want.png

I have made many tries and all I seem to get is the same month:

sum({$<MONTH_AGE ={"=$(=max(MONTH_AGE)+1)"} >} Amount)

At first I tried it without the max(MONTH_AGE) because I didn't think I needed it. I'm not sure what it is wrong with my syntax. Please help.

Thank you!!

11 Replies
dena_reavis
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Sunny,

I was wondering, is there any way to get the August value to calculate using the Before function? It is the first value and I was hoping for a way to get it to calculate even though it would be the July value which falls in the previous fiscal year. Our fiscal year runs August through July.

Thank you,

D

sunny_talwar

Created a new MonthYear field in the script and use this expression

Only({<YEAR_AGE = {0}>}Aggr(Above(Sum({$<Group={'1','2','3'}>} Amount), 1), MonthYear))