Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Max(date) in set analysis

Hi all,

I have a doubt about how QlikView calculates Set Analysis expressions in charts.

I have a chart where I wan’t to see the results for the last day of a given period. So I’m restricting my selection to that date by using this expression:

FULL_DATE ={"=(Date(Max(FULL_DATE)))"}

This Works fine if I’m seeing the chart at a month level, however when I see this at year level, the value I got is not the value of the last day of year, but the sum of the values of the last day of that year months.

Shouldn’t my full_date be restricted to one value per year only, when I’m looking at a year level?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei if fulldate is date field like 31/12/2011

it shuold work attach is an example

Not applicable
Author

But if you have a chart, it only sows the last month of the year. I need to show all the months, with the value for the last day of each month. And then when you see at year level, you should see only the value for the last day of the year.

See example attached.

Thanks.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei check this example

in your case you cant use set analysis because set anlysis make the selection outside the chart so even if you select month as dimension

the set analyseis will select only the last avilable date