Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Max value for list box expression

I have a fairly simple expression I need. I'm new at this so it may be easy for some.

I need to generate the Max value for the Linear gauge shown below based on 9 items each.

See below for Clarity. Right now I typed in the max but that is only to prove to myself it will work. So 214 is the Max value Im trying to derive here.

Right now I have: =Rangemax((Count(TopLevelWBS)))  = 703 the Sum Total not Max value from the count

List box Expression.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brian,

I assume it is a list box with expression.  Try this:
max(aggr(Count(TopLevelWBS), TopLevelWBS)) * 1.05

Regards,
Michael

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brian,

I assume it is a list box with expression.  Try this:
max(aggr(Count(TopLevelWBS), TopLevelWBS)) * 1.05

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

I tried this variation which outputted 214 Exactly!   Didn't need the 1.05 or 1.0  maybe it was to create a buffer/padding?

Thank You so much.

=max(aggr(Count(TopLevelWBS), TopLevelWBS))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Technically you don't need 1.05 - it is just for a little better look, leaves some space on the right.

Not applicable
Author

ah, ok that's what I was thinking after I thought about it, adds a little padding to the right, makes sense. I will do that then.

Not applicable
Author

How do I maintain that Max value even if I select values that are smaller? If I hard code it the gauge stays in proper ratio. I tried this but doesn't quite do it. I was able to keep the values for one column in place but the Max gets skewed to the selection vs the true max value.

=max(aggr(Count({1}TopLevelWBS),TopLevelWBS)) *1.05

2012-09-07_092303.png

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I figured it out I have to add the TOTAL.

=max({1} TOTAL aggr(Count({1}TopLevelWBS),TopLevelWBS)) *1.05

Not applicable
Author

thanks.. helped in my case!