Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Memory Management

How to reduce the reload  time of the application as it take 127 GB Ram out of 128 GB ram allocated to the system

I am  not able to open other application

13 Replies
vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

what  i see here a simple model.. it should not take much time.. may thecalculations you have used taking time..

suggestions in model

1.y u r using fiscal in model? load this in presentation qvw file directly, remove from model use directly in presentaion qvd.

2.t-transformationentry and mapping selection tables contains 3 columns?if u required only one column from each table means use applymap function, take that filed directly to main table. then no need of that 2 tables

3.are you using any resident load inside calculation?

Not applicable
Author

yes they have used lot of resident load in the calculation

T_TransSalesEntryMain is t he combination of two table header and sales,we have applied the  increamental load

to fetch the data from this   table .Instead of this table take max time to reload

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

you need to reduce the usage of more resident of same table if data size is high. and remove fiscal mapping from main table . use the same in presentation .qvw file

y you are doing incremental load in model. it should be in the genarator right? in case it is incremental load then core data reload is not required right.. old data u can process and save in different qvd may be 2012 .qvd only new set of data only u can process.

Not applicable
Author

make sure you are creating QVD along with , which are as comparative faster than all other type of loads.

one thing i have observe while practicing that we should load table from qvd always , it is not good to load table from sql query and hitting the DB server directly.