Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merge Month+Year & Show Trends

Hey Community,

I want to show value via chart that my dim is split to Month + Year Base on my field, but he dont shoe me noting.

i try Month(API2.DATE) + '/' + Year(API2.DATE).

i try to change the type on the script also, i will be happy if you can take a look at my app

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

Date(MonthStart(API2.DATE), 'MMM/YYYY')

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Its show the group by Month + Year but as you can see in my app the pic also show all the value per day its like a Trends

sunny_talwar

Oh, I see what you mean. I am still trying to figure out how we can do this. May be swuehl‌ or gwassenaar‌ can help us

UPDATE: I know using continuous might work, but not sure how exactly to get each month/year

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try

date(API2.DATE,'MM/YYYY')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Now you see that its show sum of the value and not Trends

Capture.JPG

sunny_talwar

How about this?

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

The problem is when you make selections, then it won't behave as you would want.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can try with a continouus axis or hiding some of your date dimension values using a calculated dimension, something like

=Aggr(

If(MonthName(API2.DATE)<>Above(MonthName(API2.DATE)),

dual(MonthName(API2.DATE),API2.DATE),

Dual(' ',API2.DATE)

)

, API2.DATE)

In both cases, you might get trouble to show all month and correct date range, depending on the number of data points and the internal formatting logic using a continouus axis.

Attached a sample with the calculated dimension

2016-05-17 11_37_51-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_Community3.qvw].png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Attached another version using a continuous axis.

You may notice the issues I've mentioned when changing the date range.