Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrating code to production or test environment

At present we are working on Qlik Sever for developing dashboard.Now i want to know the process to migrate our code(dashboard) from development to production or test enviroment

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The simple approach? Copy'n'Paste your document to the other platform and republish.

Depending on the complexity of your documents, the dependencies and number of data stages involved in lthe preparation of data for the document to be propagated to another platform, you may need to define your own process steps and checks.

From the other end of the solution spectrum, you can use a VCS (Version Control system) to propagate entire application set-ups to another branch/platform.

Useful documents:

QlikView Deployment Framework - Basic Introduction.pdf

Qlik Deployment Framework Deployment Guide

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

As Above

My current place of work has three levels of "working" and two key business areas.

I mirrored this folder structure on the Qlik server, then added some simple script logic to ensure that when I copy and paste the files, they continue to pick up from the correct source folder.

This isn't really a solution, just a friendly hint

For example the following code is held in an include script which goes into every dashboard

//this is where we set the document path to make sure that we can automatically pull the correct connection string, binary files, etc from DEMO/UAT/LIVE

//Find the location of this file

let v_fileloc=documentpath();

//figure out which folder it is in

let v_filestate =  if(WildMatch('$(v_fileloc)','*DEMO*')>=1,'DEMO',if(WildMatch('$(v_fileloc)','*LIVE*')>=1,'LIVE',if(WildMatch('$(v_fileloc)','*UAT*')>=1,'UAT','UNKNOWN')));

let v_fileteam = if(WildMatch('$(v_fileloc)','*Housing*')>=1,'Housing',if(WildMatch('$(v_fileloc)','*Community Care*')>=1,'Community Care','UNKNOWN'));

//setup the folders we will need to load from

let v_filesource_include = 'D:\QlikView\Source Docs\'&v_filestate&'\'&v_fileteam&'\include_scripts\';

let v_filesource_qvd ='D:\QlikView\Source Docs\'&v_filestate&'\'&v_fileteam&'\qvd_files\';

let v_filesource_images ='D:\QlikView\Source Docs\'&v_filestate&'\'&v_fileteam&'\images\';

let v_filesource_manual_files ='D:\QlikView\Source Docs\'&v_filestate&'\'&v_fileteam&'\manual_files\';

let v_filesource_binary ='D:\QlikView\Published Apps\'&v_filestate&'\'&v_fileteam&'\_binary_dashboards\';

//drop the variable we don't need

let v_fileloc = null();

As you can see, the system then knows where to pull all the files from automatically

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you are migrating code from one server to another, are you aware of any method which will keep App IDs same?

Thanks