Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niralip1100
Contributor
Contributor

Migration from PowerBI Reports to Qlikview

Hello,

I am new in QlikView world...can anyone suggest me some guidelines on the migration process from PowerBI report to Qlikview...As per my reporting knowledge, both tools offer the same functionalities to create reporting as well as dashboard...any major difference in that?? what about security in QlikView compare to PowerBI??

Labels (2)
2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Differences might be noticed in expressions, chart types, transformations. But that would depend on the complexity of your data model as well as UI expressions. Security wise all sorts of securities, like data security, app access level securities are there - only thing is you have to learn them how they are done in qlik. Go through the migration process and come back here in community if you find any difficulties. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Amit summed things up pretty well I think, but I just wanted to post the Design Blog area of the Community for you, as there is a ton of how-to information there etc., that will likely be helpful to you going forward:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Be sure to use the Accept as Solution button in your posts on any post(s) that help you with your questions, this is how the posters get credit for the assistance they provide and it also lets other Community Members know what actually worked etc.  As Amit noted, if you have further questions, reply back or start a new thread if it is a new issue etc.  It is best not to get multiple topics going in the same thread, as it is more difficult to match solution posts etc. at that point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.