Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Missing Date Vaules

Hi all,

I have created a master calendar but there are some dates that are not loading into it. After investigating, I found the reason is because some of the dates are not complete and there is no way to change this from the data source.

Some dates are missing days and other are also missing months (below are the 3 types of date values)

03-JAN-2010

xx-NOV-2012

xx-xxx-2013

The problem is that I converted these text fields to date values before creating the master (below)

Date(Date#(Date,'DD-MMM-YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY')

but the master calendar just ignores them. That means that the values that are only missing days are not appearing in their corresponding Month when looking at an overview of the Year, they are displayed as Null dates.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the help.

I was hoping to avoid setting unknown months and days to the beginning of the Month/Year but it looks like it can't be avoided. I already had a check to replace one incorrect date earlier in the script (below)

Replace(Date,'91','xx') AS Date

So I just adapted that:

Replace(Replace(Replace(Date,'91',1),'xxx','JAN'),'xx',1) AS Date

That's done the trick.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

What exactly does your missing day and Day Month Field look like??

NOV-2012

or

xx-NOV-2012

xx-xxx-2013

or

Something else???

ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

xx-NOV-2012

xx-xxx-2013

The text & numbers are replaced with x

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Date(Alt(Date#(Date,'DD-MMM-YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY'), MakeDate(Right(Date, 4), If(Mid(Date, 3, 3) = 'xxx', 1, Mid(Date, 3, 3)), If(Left(Date, 2) = 'xx', 1, Left(Date, 2)))) as Date

You might need to check for the parenthesis.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

TableName:

LOAD

MakeDate(SubField(NewDate, '-', 3),

Match(If(Len(Trim(SubField(NewDate, '-', 2))) = 0, 'JAN', SubField(NewDate, '-', 2)), 'JAN', 'FEB', 'MAR',  'APR',  'MAY',  'JUN',  'JUL',  'AUG', 'SEP',  'OCT',  'NOV',  'DEC'),

Alt(Num(SubField(NewDate, '-', 1)), 1)) AS NewFormattedDate;

LOAD

Replace(DateFieldName, 'x', '') AS NewDate

FROM DataSource;

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the help.

I was hoping to avoid setting unknown months and days to the beginning of the Month/Year but it looks like it can't be avoided. I already had a check to replace one incorrect date earlier in the script (below)

Replace(Date,'91','xx') AS Date

So I just adapted that:

Replace(Replace(Replace(Date,'91',1),'xxx','JAN'),'xx',1) AS Date

That's done the trick.