Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomcatxx
Creator
Creator

Mouse-over function

Hi there,

I have a barchart and a textbox. Who know that, when I put mouse point on a bar without click, the textbox will show the value of the bar. When I put mouse points on another bar, the value will change.

Thank you.

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You want to be dynamic or static? Can you explain little more

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

There is no such action in QlikView. You will have to use an extension which reads where the mouse is and populate the expression in the text object (with a variable, maybe?) depending on where it is located.

You can show different values than those of the expression (e.g.: a more descriptive text or additional data) hovering over the bars in the chart by using an expression and representing it as "Text as Pop-up" in the chart properties > Expressions > Display Options,  unchecking Bar and checking Text as Pop-up.

I would suggest to take a look at branch.qlik.com where there are many extensions and maybe some of them do what you are looking for.

tomcatxx
Creator
Creator
Author

OK, its what I did. The following is script for TextBox. When I choice a date and a product from Listbox, I can get the proportion of the sales for this product on this day. It works good.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
if(GetSelectedCount(Date) = 1 and GetSelectedCount(Product) = 1 , Num(Sum(Sales)/sum({<Product>}Sales), '#,#%'), 'Please choice a Date and a Product') 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Now I have also a bar diagram, in which X-Axis shows Product and Y-Axis shows sales. What I want is when  I choice a date form Listbox and put mouse point on one of  bars, the TextBox will just show me the  proportion of the sales for that product.

The Problem is how can I get that proportion without click the bar, but just put mouse point on it.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Probably by using the tooltips that pop up from measures in a chart (if you enable "Text as Pop-Up" in the Expressions tab in Chart properties). You can even add as much text and calculation to these tooltips as you want, by simply defining more expressions and only enabling the tooltip check box (not bar or line or symbol).

See here for examples: Re: additional expressions viewing in tooltip