Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multi-Dimensional Pie Chart

Hi,

is it possbile to create Multi-Dimensional Pie Chart in qlikview?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Put two pie charts on top of each other. Hide the caption etc of the top pie and set the transparency on the Colors tab to 100%.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

yes you can.

Not applicable
Author

Any sample qvd file showing the same would be appreciated.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes and you shouldn't. Multidimensional pies are incredibly hard to understand. If you get a kick out of confusing your users then use them. Otherwise use a bar chart instead.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks...i just want to show the qlikview capability to my client. this looks cool in excel.

can anybody share any samples since this looks complex to me.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your promopt reply. Now, i have couple of queries:

1- I noticed that i can have onnly 1 level of drill-down. Month and product. I am unable to add any other dimension. Does qlikview allows only 1 layer of drill down in pie chart?

2- I agree with you. This looks too clustered an very colorful. However, my dataset is small. I have a specific requirement here.

- To make it more simple and clean, lets remove 'month' from dimension and instaed add 'year' (Year should be the second dimension)

- Now my requirement is that, all the 3 visible years should take the color of the product to which they belong. For eg: the color of cherry segment is green. all the 3 yaers below cherry should be green and the same logic should apply to other products and years.

Your help on thsi would be appreciated.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What you're doing is not really drilling down, but filtering by selecting a value in a dimension. If you want to drill down create drilldown groups and use those as dimensions.

If you want every slice to have the color of the product add a color expression to the expression by clicking on the + in front of the expression, clicking Background Color and adding this as color expression: color(FieldIndex('Product',Product)).

Not applicable
Author

thanks a ton. The color stuff worked.

The color stuff will look good if i can display the quarters on the pie. In the Year dropwdon there are 4 quarters. Is there any way to have  TEXT "Q1" in the middle of the Q1 pie AREA and Q2 in the middle of Q2 pie area and so on so that the user can distinguish the labels for the second level as currently legends show some other color and the 2nd level shows the color of the layer above which dont match with the legends.

Hope you getting my point.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, you can't show values in pie slices (unless you do it manually with text-in-chart objects). This is another reason why you should use a bar chart.