Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multibox: Can you limit dropdown option to just specific field(s)?

I created a Multi Box Object with a few fields. By default, the dropdown option for each field is enabled allowing users to select other values for any of the fields. However, we'd like to limit that ability to just one or two fields. Is this possible? If it's an all or nothing option, how would I turn to dropdown option off?

Thanks for your support!

Trista

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think we will just set them all to Read only, as the selection of the Project Number occurs on a different dashboard and the user just needs to view the details from the multiboxes.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Not applicable
Author

Yes, Rob, it was too also limit making incompatible selections that would remove/change the Project Number selection value. The lock appears to lock the entire table, which is fine, but then it becomes locked in other dashboards too. So, we will just set the table to be Read only, as really, this is the purpose after the user select a particular Project Number from a different dashboard.

Thank you for your suggestions! I believe they will come in handy for future efforts!

eespiritu
Creator
Creator

Maybe this can be useful:

On Multibox object, remove the fields that you want "disable" from Fields Displayed in Multibox, now click on Expression > button and add the next:

=if(len(GetCurrentSelections(ProjectField)) > 0,'',PARNumberField)

Apply this function for each field.

Regards,

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you just want the user to view the data and not make selections, why not use a chart instead of a multibox?

-Rob