Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multibox Compare two column

Dear all,

I need a multibox when user select a order #, the qlikview will compare two column named order1 and order2. If the selected number exist in either 1 column then show the result in straight table.

To display in straight table no issue. My question is how do i compare two column using the multibox. Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is an updated example

Capture.PNG.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

I'm not sure what your data model is but if you have this data structure:

Order1s:

Load

Order1 as OrderNum,

Order1

from <>

Order2s:

Load

Order2 as OrderNum,

Order2

from <>

Then OrderNum can be what the user selects, and it will show in white (in the respective drop downs of each field in the multibox) in BOTH Order1 and Order2 any values that are the same

Not applicable
Author

for example below is my database

custno

custname

order1

order2

order1 and order2 is the product and repeatable for different customer. Then i want a qlikview compare input from multibox, for example, if the selection is 'ABC' then qlikview will retrieve record where order1 or order 2 contains the 'ABC'

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

Take a look at the attached and see if its near what you are looking for...

Not applicable
Author

ok.  just see u example. yup. this sample create another table successfully. but how do i join that two table together.

Based on your order.

What i want is i need a straight table to display the sheet1 records but your multibox is based on the resident data you created. I need to join the ordernumber to the main table right?

Not applicable
Author

to explain more on what i wanted. i will use your data to explain.

if i choose 'ABC' then i want row 1,3,4 to be displayed

if i choose 'DEF' then i want row 1,2 to be displayed

Untitled.png

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is an updated example

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

The content of attached file seems different from the your screenshot. maybe the wrong file uploaded?

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

oops ! 2nd time tonight   I reattached the actual sample to the post above.

Not applicable
Author

The thing works. But one question, can we use multibox instead of using listbox?