Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multibox Pre selection based on selected value?

Hi All,

I wan't to achieve below result in multibox selection. If I select Field_01 in Multibox1, A,B and C should get automatically selected in multibox2.

Multibox2 preselected values can change based on the value selected in multibox1.

Sample.jpeg.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

in the 'select in field' action, enter the following to trigger the selection that you want based on the selection.

=if( GetSelectedCount(Multibox1)=1 and only(Multibox1) = 'A' , '("A"|"B"|"C")',

if( getSelectedCount(Multibox1)=1 and only(Multibox1) = 'B" , '("D"|"E"|"F")',

)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can create a 'field event -> selection'  trigger on your multibox1 field in the document properties / triggers tab.

The action that would be applied is a 'select in field' of multiple values in multibox2 field.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Field event trigger will only help in selecting the values in multibox2 as per Field_01 but how the selections will change if I select Field_02 next time.

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

if you make a selection in field01 the trigger will apply selections of your design in field02.

if a user changes the selections in field02, it would just alter the selections to what the user wants with no other impact.

what do you want to happen?

Not applicable
Author

I want to alter the selections in multibox 2 as per the user selection in multibox 1.

If we select field_01---A,B,C will get select and if they select Field_02 it will change the selection and gives E,F,G as selections in multibox 2.

Thanks..

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok.  I must be missing something since in my interpretation the sample solution will do just that

1. A user select a value in multibox1 and the trigger will autoselect A,B.C in multibox2

2. Then a user can change the selection in multibox2 however they like.

Clarify me on the need.

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan ,

In addition to your interpretation I want to change the selections in multibox 2 as per the selections made by user in multibox1.

Not applicable
Author

Basically Multibox 2 will dynamically change as per the selection of fields in multibox1.

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

in the 'select in field' action, enter the following to trigger the selection that you want based on the selection.

=if( GetSelectedCount(Multibox1)=1 and only(Multibox1) = 'A' , '("A"|"B"|"C")',

if( getSelectedCount(Multibox1)=1 and only(Multibox1) = 'B" , '("D"|"E"|"F")',

)

maheshakula02
Contributor
Contributor

Here is Multibox1 the Object ID of the multi box? When I use the object id in the function =if( GetSelectedCount(MB01)=1, it doesn't work. Thanks in advance.