Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multibox display

Suppose I have a multibox with 2 fields for selection:  Field1 and Field2.  If I make a selection in Field1, all associated values in Field2 will be displayed in white in Field2 dropdown and the non associated values will be grey.  Now suppose that based on my selection in Field1, there exists only a single associated (white) value in field2. Currently, the multibox will display the single associated value in Field2.  

Is there any way to not show this value in the multibox even though there is only a single associated value? 

Example attached.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'm not sure you have that level of control in a multi-box.  See attached for a cheat though!  I took an image of the closed multibox and but it as the background of a textbox.  The show condition of the textbox is

GetPossibleCount(Field2)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Field2)=0

So it will only show and cover up the value "A" when there is only a single possible value and also when you haven't actually selected it.

Hope this helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'm not sure you have that level of control in a multi-box.  See attached for a cheat though!  I took an image of the closed multibox and but it as the background of a textbox.  The show condition of the textbox is

GetPossibleCount(Field2)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Field2)=0

So it will only show and cover up the value "A" when there is only a single possible value and also when you haven't actually selected it.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Jason -

Nice!  It is a great idea, but I was looking more for a multi box setting in the properties that I may have overlooked.  However, I will give this a shot.

Thanks,

Andrew