Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarebpat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multiple Section Access

I need help with a Section Access issue. My current setup is working fine with the Section Access Table being sourced from Publisher in my script, depending what priviledges you have, you will only see certain warehouses.

On top of that I need to get a second Section Access table to be controlling the data access on the rep level. I tried to add a second section access table and it doesnt work. Tried using the same but with added column and tried a new Section Access Table....same results.

I've read here on the community that only one Section Access Table is allowed? Is this correct?

Here is sample of the script:

Section Access;
LOAD ACCESS, NTNAME, OMIT, GROUP, CRMSALESOFFICE
FROM [http://qvs01:4780/QMS/AuthTable] (html, utf8, embedded labels, table is [Business Overview]);
Section Application;
SecurityLink:
Load * Inline [
GROUP, Sales Office Name
ALL, DAR, 
ALL, MON, 
ALL, OTT, 
ALL, TOR,
ALL, LON,
ALL, WPG,
ALL, EDM,
ALL, CAL,
ALL, VAN,
ALL, NAT,
ALL, SER,
BRANCHMNGRS, DAR,
BRANCHMNGRS, MON,
BRANCHMNGRS, OTT,
BRANCHMNGRS, TOR,
BRANCHMNGRS, LON,
BRANCHMNGRS, WPG,
BRANCHMNGRS, EDM,
BRANCHMNGRS, CAL,
BRANCHMNGRS, VAN,
BRANCHMNGRS, SER,
BRANCHMNGRS, CAL,

]
;

I want another one for reps like:

Section Access;
LOAD ACCESS, NTNAME, OMIT, GROUP, CRMSALESOFFICE
FROM [http://qvs01:4780/QMS/AuthTable] (html, utf8, embedded labels, table is [Business Overview]);
Section Application;
SecurityLink:
Load * Inline [
GROUP, Sales Rep
Some Rep, Some Rep,

]; 

Thanks,

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Yes, you should only use one section access table. You should look into combining both into a single field.

jarebpat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. Any suggestions on what to use?

They are on two different tables, currently one is being filtered based on the Section Access. The second table has the other field I need to filter, but this creates loops.

Not applicable

Hi

Did you ever work out how to do this, I'm facing this exact same issue and wondering best method to implement?

Cheers,

Nigel.

jarebpat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes. I have used a different section access table. One that has the rep which in turn locks down the data and then which warehouse he is able to see.

I have also split the file, one that hits the warehouse level and the other that hits the rep level as mentioned above……still not the best fix….I think the best would be to make a “Group” to rep to warehouse to rep middle table….that would give me a one file….

Regards,

Jareb