Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Text as Popup expressions in separate pop ups

I have a chart using Alternate States to populate 2 bars.  The 2 bar values i have rounded to thousands or millions for simplicity but i want to use the 'Text as Pop Up' feature to show the actual values.   I have created 2 expressions corresponding to the 2 bar expressions to show the actual values.  The issue is that my 2 pop up value expressions are appearing together in the same pop up box when i hover over each bar. (see screen shot).  What i'm trying to get is where when i hover over the brown bar on the left, it shows just the value for Period 1 and when i hover over the blue bar on the right i see only the Period 2 value.

Is there a way to do this?  I feel like there should be an 'if' statement at the beginning of the expression that controls when it shows but i'm not sure what to put in there.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I believe there isn't a direct possibility but maybe you could use as workaround two bar-charts which are overlapping eachother.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe you could use a special expression as popup. That meant: turn off the quick-info from your first expression and create an additional expression which returned your wished popup-values and turn off the view as bar and enable the quick-info for these expression. With these approach you could provide a lot more information as with a visible expression.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

If I understand you correctly, that is what I've done.  But I have 2 separate expressions for the pop up values and they are combining into one pop up box.  I want them separated so that only the expression that corresponds with the bar value appears.

marcus_sommer

I believe there isn't a direct possibility but maybe you could use as workaround two bar-charts which are overlapping eachother.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I considered that but it sounded like a maintenance nightmare. 

I think I'll try to talk my users into being happy with this the way it is, but keep this as an option if they won't go for it.