Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Multiple Values for SET NullInterpret?

Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to set multiple values for NullInterpret. The Excel document I'm loading from is using - and . to display null values and I want these to be loaded in as NULL. I'm also wondering if the expression has to be enclosed by single quotes or not ('.', '-'). I would expect it to look like this but I'm not sure if QV wants it this way:

SET NullInterpret = '.', '-';

Please do not link the help text for NullInterpret, I've read it and it does not answer my question.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

NullInterpret is a variable, which can't hold an array of values. So what you are trying to do is not possible, IMHO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

NullInterpret is a variable, which can't hold an array of values. So what you are trying to do is not possible, IMHO.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As a work around, you could use REPLACE() functions for your multiple symbols to replace all of them with a consistent character, like '-', and then use that single character in the NullInterpret variable.

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Check this,

Data:

LOAD * ,

If(IsNum(Value),Value,Null()) as Value1,

If(IsNum(Value),Value,Null()=0) as Value2,

If(Value='.' or Value='-' or Value='+',Null(),Value) as Value3,

If(Value='.' or Value='-' or Value='+',Null()=0,Value) as Value4

INLINE [

Value, Sno

66, 1

55, 2

44, 3

44, 4

., 5

-, 6

+, 7

33, 8

2, 9

];

output:

Null()-203408.PNG

HTH,

PFA,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up replacing the '.' and '-' values with NULLs but I was mostly wondering if it was possible to put more values into NullInterpret.