sunny_talwar

Seem like this is the maximum you can get

Table:
LOAD * INLINE [
    ID, Numerator
    2, 10000000000000
]
while IterNo() <= 23;

So, basically I am multiplying  10,000,000,000,000 ---- 23 times and it still works... 

image.png

If I do

Table:
LOAD * INLINE [
    ID, Numerator
    2, 10000000000000
]
while IterNo() <= 24;

I see Inf.

naveen341
Creator
Creator
Author

It would be great if we can get any work around for these problem.

@rwunderlich

@marcus_sommer

@Oleg_Troyansky
marcus_sommer

Depending to the used number-system of Qlik (this from Excel is quite similar) are the numbers of digits with which Qlik could calculate and also displaying (there are differences between it) restricted. This was an intentional choice to ensure a very good calculation-performance and the most BI scenarios benefit from it because they need to calculate often thousands or even millions of calculations at the same time but rather less calculations with really big numbers and/or a very high precision. Some more background to it could you find here: Rounding-Errors.

Therefore I assume that Sunny is right and your numbers are just too big. If you follow his suggestion to perform it in Excel you could check it quite quickly. This means if you really need these calculation you need to use a different tool for it whereby by using Qlik with a R connector or something similar it might be possible to keep it within the Qlik application.

If you describe what the aim is behind this calculation there might be other ways to solve it.

- Marcus