Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple if statements in Edit script

I have 2 columns Gross revenue and net revenue and 3rd column customer type where some charater values are there. I need to create new gross and new net columns based on some condition using customer type. How can i use multiple if statement in edit script for this? Any help appreciated

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

I dont know why but for some reason this syntax is only copying for Gross for Indirect customers. For Direct customers and for some other conditions i have the gross is still showing 0.

Regards,

Mallik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shyamal,

I dont know why but for some reason this syntax is only copying for Gross for Indirect customers. For Direct customers and for some other conditions i have the gross is still showing 0.

Regards,

Mallik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nirmal,

Regards,

Mallik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Regards,

Mallik

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check these:

If the parenthesis are proper, or comparison string/field name is correct.  Or, you might want to share a sample app.

Not applicable
Author

You can check for the paranthesis or post a sample app, so it would be easier to pin point the issue.

Not applicable
Author

YOU CAN ACHIEVE THIS IN TWO STEP-

during 1st load-

LOAD

If( [Customer type] = 'Indirect', 1,0) as GrossF1,

If([Custmer type] = 'direct' and [Book Type]='Standard' and [Action type]='Fixed', 1,0) as GrossF2

during 2nd load take resident of above table and try below code

load *,

if(GrossF1=1 or GrossF2=1,Gross) as new gross

hope this will help