Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple overlapping sheet objects

Hi community,

I have a situation where some of my users are seeing multiple overlapping sheet objects.  Some users dont see this and some do.  The behavior is different for different users.  Does anybody know why this is happening?

overlapping objects.jpg

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

One possibility could be if those are User Objects created by the Users themselves in the past.

Another possibility is if you indeed have multiple objects in this application, with the "Show Condition" that renders true or false for different users. Check "Objects" tab from the Sheet Properties and find out if you have any hidden objects with Show Conditions

Not applicable
Author

Are all your users using the same version of the Client ?

We have had similar issues when users have been using an old version of the client software.

Not applicable
Author

This is not on the client tool.  It’s on the web.  Seems like a few of my users have this issue.  I’ve also had the user reinstall the IE pluggin and the issue still remains

Not applicable
Author

Have you checked the layout in "Web View" from Desktop App ?

You might just need to adjust the objects

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Yes, we have experienced similar issues like this.  Sometimes an object gets duplicated several times.  We don't know where it is coming from.  It is not in the original document, and the end user cannot get to the properties when using the IE Plugin.  So, it is not an object that they created.

However, if they remove these objects from the IE version, when they log out and then log back in to the same document, these objects no longer appear.

Seems like this started happening when we went from QV10 SR2 to SR3.  We are currently on SR4 and it occasionally still happens.

Thanks,

Dan