Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Help to exclude Higher level based of Section Access

Hi Community,

I am trying to sorted out the user should only view lower level departments.

In the attached file you will find USERID and its associate Dept_Code in  Level1,Level2,Level3 and Level4. Level1 contains list

of  highest Dept_Code , where as Level4 is the lowest one.

If User log in with USERID which is associated with level3,then User can only view data belongs to Level3 and Level4 and its should not view higher Level Dept_Code.

Please find the attached files and  help me out to fix it.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am confused about the associated data. In your test.qvw, you use the excel data both for section access and section application, which means you want to restrict the same set of data depending on itself. Is this right?

It might be helpful to understand it better if you give an example.

For example what should the user 4283 see when (s)he logs in?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bilge,

Yes I am using the same set of data for only test purpose, but the data will be different in the real application.

the USER 4283 is belongs to L3(Level 3) , So he/she can view only its Dept_Code(L3) and Its lower Dept_Code(L4)

If USER login  which belongs to L1, then he can view L1,L2,L3 and L4 .

If USER login  which belongs to L2, then he can view L2,L3 and L4

If USER login  which belongs to L3, then he can view L3 and L4

If USER login  which belongs to L4, then he can view only L4

Thanks

Ghori

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Attached is a quick solution I have implemented according to my understanding of your question.

It may not be exactly what you need, but hopefully it may be a starting point.

Regards,