Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Help with making the expression more granular

Hi Folks,

Greeting of the day.

I am working on my first QlikView assignment at the professional level and need help with the below scenario:

I am performing Product Analysis ie when you select two products it should show you Companies which have bought both the product "on the same order. ie only products which have the same OrderID". I am using Alternate States for the same.

Below is the expression that i am using as a Calculated Dimension to show the Companies which have bought both products

=Aggr(Only({$*[State2]}Customers.CompanyName),Customers.CompanyName)

Ill Just explain the expression:

State2 is the name of the Alternate State I am using for the Second Product

Customers.CompanyName is the Name of the Company which has bought products.

I only need to modify the said expression so that it returns Companies which have bought the two selected Products in the "Same OrderID".

I am not sure if you will really need the qvw file for this, but incase you do, or need any more clarifications do ask.

Kind Regards,

Muntazir Syed

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

@gysbert

Looks like the attachment in your message wasnt successful coz i cant see the attachment. Mind sending it again ?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot. Its working the way i want, will study your expressions and add it in my app.

Thanks for your efforts.