Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator

Need a static straight table. ie. columns should not disappear in case data is not available

Hello all,

I am working on a straight table and couple of list boxes. I have couple of requirements

Requirement -1

I have created a straight table with 2 columns City and population. Also I have 2 list boxes - Year and Area.

1. If there is no data for particular city then that City disappears from table.
  2. If I select particular year from Year list box then City disappears from table

I need to show all the Cities and plot '0' in case population data is unavailable against particular City.

equirement -2

This is more on the similar ground of requirement -1. I need to show fixed (100) set of cities in list box all the time. Even if I received data for only 10 cities, I need to display static list of all the 100 cities. On selection of rest of 90 cities in list box - it should display- data not available.

Appreciate your guidance.

14 Replies
kusumanchir
Creator
Creator

Hi Onkar,

I modified, please find the attached.

View solution in original post

onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rasly,

I am not able to find attachment.

onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

Apologies. I am able to view the attachment now.

onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot Rasly,

Yes ..Its working as per the expectation now. Could you please guide me on the logical changes you have done in latest one?

kusumanchir
Creator
Creator

Hi Onkar,

I just added another expression sum({1}1) and hidden that column by changing property hide column under the presentation tab.