Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagarajuabhi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need help with section access

Hi,

I have a requirement like, there are three users X,Y,Z and a superuser.

Consider i have an application, where

User X can only view sheet1 (all the objects in sheet1)

User Y can only view sheet 2( all the objects in sheet 2)

User Z can only view sheet 3( all the objects in sheet 3)

Super user can view whole application, but this user would not have information of which all sheets user X,Y,Z can view.

Now i will create one more sheet 4 which will be hidden by other users(X,Y,Z ) let say this sheet consists of one list box which have user names it.

SO once superuser login to the the application and from list box in the sheet4 if he selects a user name as X is it possible to show which sheet the user X have access and redirect to that particular sheet.

Can any one share your thoughts on this requirment.

Thanks,

Abhilash

4 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

For the first part I would load another table which associates user with sheetID and use visibility condition on the sheets to display accordingly

Second part which seems to be more simulation would be more difficult. but if scenario is simple in sheet 4 using above table we should be able to do it

nagarajuabhi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi dilip,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

As mentioned by you "if scenario is simple" may i knw with what scenario in sheet 4 would be able achieve the last requirment.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Use the table which contains sheet and user name to create a filter/list box

nagarajuabhi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Till here i understood, in table box we will have user and sheet id we can info of which user will hv access to which sheet , is there any possibility to redirect to that sheet once slecting the user name..

Like in filter i selected user X any mechanism to redirect to sheet 1 from sheet 4, as we know user X on only view sheet 1..