Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help with table sorting order

I have a table Date dimension that is displayed as date from today upto 4 weeks and then only week number is displayed.

Above this Date dimension, there is Week, Month and Year dimensions.

The sorting order for this is mixed up. I tried to put sort expression as "=Only({1}Date)" for Week dimension in Sort tab. But that doesn't work either.

Refer to the attached screenshot.

Dimension across Horizontal row 1 is Year

Horizontal row 2 is Month

Horizontal row 3 is Week

Horizontal row 6 is the Date dimension

note: Ignore Horizontal Row dimension 5 and 6 for this issue.

In the screenshot - Date for Dec2015 is displayed in order, then instead of beginning with Jan2016 dates, Week number 50,51,52,48,49 of Dec 2016 are displayed. Followed by Dates from Jan 1-1-2016.

Expected result: Dec Dates should be displayed in sequence, followed by 1-1-2016 Dates and the Dec weeknos should be pushed to end of 2016 year end as per week no order.

Kindly guide me on what sort logic to apply.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Which sorting order you are using now ?

Try to add Max(DateField) sort expression for each dimension (Dim1, Dim2, Dim3, Dim4) and select Ascending order.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your screenshot is confusing. And it doesn't tell how your dimensions are created. My guess is that you're getting Year and are expecting WeekYear values. Qlikview uses the official ISO standard for weeks. That means that sometimes the last days of december are part of the first week of the following january and sometimes the first days of january are part of the last week of december of the previous year. To tell for sure what's going on we need you to post a small qlikview document that illustrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand