Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to get a User Defined Name from Text Object in List Box Title on Selection

Hi All,

I have created multiple text objects as a filter. I have assigned a variable which is associated with the attributes in the table. I need to show the user defined attribute name in the list box title on selection of the text object and not the actual attribute name from the table.

How to achieve this?

Abhijit

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

Abhijit -

You need to do the same thing for all your text box object. I am afraid, I might not be able to help any better without a sample. With a sample, I might be able to show you how this can be done. But your reluctance to share is making it very difficult for me to explain how this can be done.

See if this post can help you share a sample

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Uploading a Sample

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for sharing those links. That helped me in reducing the size. Hereby I am sharing a file with you. Please have a look.

Abhijit

sunny_talwar

I did it for three buttons so that you can understand the concept of what I was trying to do. See if this helps

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny!

This one is the perfect solution.

Abhijit

sunny_talwar

See how simple life becomes once you share a sample

Not applicable
Author

That's very true. I wan't sure about this reduced data thing. In fact I started working on QV just few days back. So I am in learning mode.

sunny_talwar

We all learning my friend. I have been working QlikView for about 2 years now and I still learn new things everyday.