Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to get the most recent value based on a range of dates defined in a set analysis expression

Is it possible to write an expression that returns/calculates the most recent available value based on a range of dates defined in a set analysis expression?

For example, if I have just two hospitals in a particular region and select April 2010 from my data island, the YTD licensed bed calculation based on the data below should return 140 for the region. (60 for Hospital1-March and 80 for Hospital2-April).

AsOfDateNum of Licensed Beds
Hospital101/31/201052
02/28/201052
03/31/201060
Hospital 201/31/201074
02/28/201074
03/31/201074
04/30/201080
05/31/201091

Here is the set analysis expression I am using for several other YTD calculations... {$<AsOfDate = {">=$(vCalCYrStart)<=$(vCalCMthEnd)"}>} where the variables vCalCYrStart and vCalCMthEnd are dynamically set based on a single selection from the data island.

Thank you in advance for any ideas or help you might be able to provide!

2 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try a nested set analysis expression

{$<AsOfDate={'date(max({$<AsOfDate = {">=$(vCalCYrStart)<=$(vCalCMthEnd)"}>} AsOfDate))'}>}

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the quick response. I had to add an aggr to the formula to return the max available date by hospital and have part of it working at the moment. I must be missing some punctuation though because when I add the results of the nested max date expression to the outer set analysis expression, it returns zeros. I need to set this aside for the moment but will send an update if/when I get this working. Thanks again!