Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to sum a field based on distinct values as well as using set analysis to pull bad prior year?

Hi all.

I'm pretty new to using set analysis' and aggr functions etc so I'm really running in circles now. 

I have an OR_Log_Key which has duplicates, so i know that I need to use distinct to pull them apart.. thats fine.

My issue is that in the table I'm making I am showing current FY vs previous FY.  And I'm lost on how to sum up a column based on distinct ID as well as the function to pull back FY vs prior FY.

This is the def of what I used for counting up my distinct ID's, which works:

count(distinct {<[Surgery Start Date FY Year]={$(=Max([Surgery Start Date FY Year])-1)}>}[OR Log Key])

however, when trying to combine that in to some sort of sum/aggr function it fails miserably.  I simply don't know how to combine the above, with the sum or aggr functions in order to get a sum of the field Case_Minutes.

I know the following doesnt work!

sum(aggr(sum(distinct {<[Surgery Start Date FY Year]={$(=Max([Surgery Start Date FY Year])-1)}>}[OR Log Key]), [Case Minutes])

Could someone point me in the right direction or help me through this.

Much appreciated!

Stan

P.S. I plan on being quite a nusiance on here until I get my bearings in this app.. qlikview is like learning a new language when it comes to all the built in tricks on top of the functions!

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Kindly post your application for more clarification.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Alright.. on tab "Minutes by Month" in the first straight table the expression for Column 5 is what i am having issues with.  Basically the whole table is a current FY vs Prior FY counts/sums with differences and variances.

I also have another issue with the data table under my chart in Cases By Month tab.. using the accumulation check on fields to get the YTD counts I can't get a variance for it in the last formula either.. you can't simpy subtract column from column due to the accumulation?

Thanks

stan