Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to

Hi Qlikview Community, I need your help to create a new object in one of my dashboards, I'm a QV beginner and I'm trying to create a new metric in a straight table but I can't find the right expression to populate the % of states Declining. The main issue is that the table has territory as Dimension and the metric is calculated for the % of states within that territory.

This is the output that I'm trying to create:

TerritoryGrowth(%)% of States Declining
Nation0%=2/5
North100%=0/3
South-67%=2/2

I was able to show the growth in sales by Territory and now I'm trying to add a metric that represents the percentage of states within that region that have been declining in growth.

For example:

-Northern territory has 3 states (A,B,C) and non of them has decline it's growth, that value that i wan to show is 0%

-Southern territory has 2 states(D,E) and all of them have been declining their growth, the value that I wan to show is 100% or (2/2)

- The nation has 5 states (A-E) and 2 out of 5 have been declining their growth, the value that I want to show is 40%

This is how my raw data looks like:

Each row is a record for the sales for a state with a year attribute and a sales metric where we have duplicated entries for each territory.

TerritoryStateYearSales
NorthA201425
NorthA201425
NorthB201440
NorthC201430
NorthA201310
NorthB201320
NorthC201330
SouthD201420
SouthE201410
SouthD201340
SouthE201350

Please let me know if you have additional questions, your help will be much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Example attached, your data doesnt include nation but this should work.

Felim

!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Example attached, your data doesnt include nation but this should work.

Felim

!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Diego,

How is the Growth % calculated? Is it only for Current and Previous Year sales?

Regards,

Prabhu

Not applicable
Author

Yes,growth is only calculated for the current and previous year with the expression pasted below:

(Sum({<[Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}[Sales])

-Sum({<[Year]={$(=Max([Year]-1))}>}[Sales]))

/

Sum({<[Year]={$(=Max([Year]-1))}>}[Sales])

Not applicable
Author

Diego the attachment above should answer your issue

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!!!, this is working now!! My data doesn't include nation but it just supposed to be the sum of both territories. Your help is much appreciated

Not applicable
Author

I have an additional question, I understand the need to create the aggr additional table, but I still don't understand why we need to add the SUM term at the beginning of the statement?

SUM(AGGR(Sales, Territory, State)

Wouldn't this sum all the records by territory and not by State??

Thanks,